Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Alicia's Health

Well this past year I decided I was going to call it my year of "Healing."  I was diagnosed in 2010 with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and ever since have been trying to make it go away!  
No one my age has Arthritis.... I mean that's crazy! 
 I was watching movies and reading books about people who had cancer and tumors and such and were cured from eating vegan, to juicing.  I was determined that this diagnosis was a bad dream and that I needed to just change my lifestyle, or diet to make this just go away!  I have been in denial this whole time!  So I went ahead and tried juicing, taking oils, vitamins, and found they weren't making it go away!  My doctor was having to put me on stronger meds and we are trying to find what he called the "cocktail" of meds for me! I now get an infusion of Remicade every 8 weeks.  This is nice since I don't have to store syringes in my fridge to inject myself either weekly or biweekly, or take more pills, I can just get an extremely expensive IV at the hospital every couple months.  
This isn't bad at all!!  I think the worst part of all this was stressing about it more than just dealing with this, accepting it fully and just be grateful for the challenge God has decided to give me.  
So my year of "healing" was a year of healing, but not in the physical aspect I was hoping, it was getting the 'infection' out of other aspects of my life so that I can heal, and begin healing in many other ways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment